Talk to Us

Join the conversation, let us know how we are doing in your community.

Maybe you have a good news story to share!

The NHWQ blog is not to be used as an alternative means of reporting crimes or other offences.

Numbers

102 Responses

1. John Ellerton says:

I need to contact Magnetic Island Police via email as I am overseas and telephone is not an option.

• Officer Dave says:

John,

Your email has been forwarded to OIC Magnetic Island to make contact with you via email.

2. Frances Poulgrain says:

This site is not helpful. I live in Earlville, Cairns Where, anywhere in Cairns, and at what time, is there a group that will meet in the near future?

• Officer Dave says:

Frances,

Please make contact with your local District Crime Prevention Coordinator (DCPC) at Cairns Police Station on (07) 4030 7000

For the information you require

3. Mick says:

Today Thursday 11th May 1445hrs a vehicle was outside my house on Karawatha drive taking photos and once noticed started her car sped off down Karawatha Drive. We have the number plate and the make of the vehicle. Does this get reported to the police, or does neighbourhood watch take note of this.

• Officer Dave says:

Hello Mick,

i have responded with an email from State office about your comment

4. Bella Gentle says:

Hi, I am writing this regarding the Stafford dogs on patrol event that was on a few days ago. I’m a journalism student from QUT and I am writing a story on this event for my assessment as it is in my local area and it would be greatly appreciated if I could ask a few questions about the event and the initiative.
    It would be great to hear back and I am able to email the questions upon reply,
    Regards, Bella Gentle

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Bella, I have replied to your email that was sent to State Office. Thank you.

5. Penny Cottee says:

Good Afternoon
    I am trying to start a neighbourhood watch and was given a number to contact I have left several messages but no-one has returned my call can you help?
    Cheers

Penny

6. Crystal says:

Good afternoon, we are trying to form a Neighbourhood watch in our area, and would like to have signs made for the individual residents that would like to have them for their homes. I was hoping to gain permission to use the image you use, as it is already nationally recognized. It would be in black and white. Can you grant permission for this to be used?

7. Shalayne Marsh says:

To whom it may concern,
    I am helping out a friend she has been taken into care with dementia and want be coming home. I’ve come across a bank statement regarding savings that appear to be on be half of the Nhw, I know she was a representative for the area. Could someone with in the organisation please contact me to sort this out.
    Kind regards
    Shalayne Marsh.

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Shalayne,
      I have emailed you a response to your enquiry.

8. Rebekah says:

Hi there,
    I was going for a walk this morning and a car stopped very close to where I was walking and someone got out. I am unsure, but I do think this person started to follow me. I got home fine and I am okay, but I just wanted to know if you have a list of alerts that have happened in the local area? This was a white Landcruiser car… male about 5ft10in in yellow high vis shirt… at 5:30am cleveland

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Rebekah,

My suggestion to you is if you fear for your life ring emergency 000, alternatively you can ring Policelink on 131 444, Crimestoppers 1800 333 000 or your local Police Station. Good to hear that you are ok. Elena

9. Judith Swain says:

We live in Golden Beach and ask if it is legal for a child (age approx. 10) to be riding a motorised scooter? He travels to school each day on it, sometimes on the road, others on the paved walkway, going at fair speed. We are concerned that he either may be hit by an unsuspecting vehicle, or alternatively may run into someone out exercising or riding in a mobility scooter.

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Judith,
      I can understand your concern and worry about children and motorised scooters. However, without seeing the road and how the child is riding it is difficult to comment on these circumstances. My suggestion is you contact your local nearby Police Station and have them conduct patrols in the area. Thank you. Elena

• Judith Swain says:

Thank you for your suggestion Elena. I’m concerned that this is an accident waiting to happen, so I will go into the Police Station shortly and see if they can assist.

Page 5 of 512345

Blog Locator

Enter your Address or Postcode to find the nearest Neighbourhood Watch blog!

Meetings