Australian Competition and Consumer Commissioner (ACCC) provides advice about the latest news and alerts on scams. Why? So you do not become a victim, can identify these scams and take action to protect yourself. Scam Watch has links to:
- types of scams
- the three-step option to report a scam
- read news
- get help
- subscribe to receive newsletters by emails direct to your inbox detailing radar alerts.
- Another ACCC site about protecting yourself from scams is https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-protection/protecting-yourself-from-scams
- Common scams for both consumers and businesses in Queensland can be read about here: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/your-rights/consumer-rights-complaints-and-scams/scams-fraud/common-scams/
- Identity theft safety test – why not test online how safe you are from identity theft (ID theft)?
- The Little Black Book of Scams published by The Australian Government
- Identity security An Australian Government website
- Stay Smart Online An Australian Government website discussing how to protect your personal and financial information in the cyber world.
Be safe, be free of worry and be happy!