Talk to Us

Join the conversation, let us know how we are doing in your community.

Maybe you have a good news story to share!

The NHWQ blog is not to be used as an alternative means of reporting crimes or other offences.

Numbers

110 Responses

1. Patty Winters says:

Although having registered for online NHW notifications numerous times (using 2 different email addresses) I am still not receiving any alerts. Can anyone tell me why this is please?

• NHWQ Admin says:

Hi Patty. I can see that the email address you used to post this comment was Unsubscribed in the past. Have you accepted the confirmation email that gets sent when you subscribe?

2. Patrick says:

Hi
    I am looking to see if a crime prevention officer can come to my retirement village to do a presentation on property security and scamming. I have tried the local police station number but they are too busy to answer the phone. (Nambour 54590200)
    Thank you.

• Officer Elena says:

Patrick,
      Great to hear from you. The District Crime Prevention Coordinator for your area is situated at Maroochydore the contact number is 54752561. I will also pass on your details to them. Thank you.

3. Irene says:

Hi.
    I live in Nundah a suburb in north brisbane. My neighbor is an alcholic single mother and every night is having friends over and having party all night long. I called police link 7 times in the past 2 days and nothing is being solved. The kids are not looking after because she is too busy drinking and smoking pot with her friends. And me and my family cant sleep at night bacause of the out of control noise. I really dont know anymore what to do. When i approach the lady she threatened to kill all of us and burn my house down on my sleep.

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Irene,
      It sounds like you’re having a really hard time. I would suggest a visit to your local Police Station which is Hendra and you can also contact the District Crime Prevention Coordinator Police Officer at Hendra Police Station on 3632 2380. I would also suggest a phone call to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Thank you Irene.

4. Barry Morrison says:

Do people who live outside the designated neighbourhood watch area have voting rights at meetings. For example, if a member takes a friend along from outside the Neighbourhood Watch area can the friend vote.

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Barry,
      Normally the voting would be within the Neighbourhood Watch group, my suggestion would be to talk to your local District Crime Prevention Coordinator Police Officer – for further clarification.

5. Josh says:

Hi all
    I am moving to Rockhampton from Victoria for study and am looking at where to live.
    Just wondering what the suburbs of Koongal and Frenchville are like to live in? All feedback both positive and negative would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks heaps

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Josh,
      Lovely to hear your moving to the Sunshine state. My knowledge of Rockhampton is limited as I have never lived in this region. I suggest for information on the region you contact the District Crime Prevention Co-Ordinator – Police Officer at Rockhampton Police Station on 49323692/49323500. Thank you Josh.

6. Kate says:

I live in Gold coast (near Robina and Varsity lakes). Recently, noise from sea world’s helicopters has been bothering my neighbors and my family!! In particular, this summer there’s been so many Sea World’s helicopters flying over us and it’s driving all of us crazy!!! This noise will adversely affect not only our kid’s sleeping conditions, but also the Real estate appraisal.  Where should I report this?

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Kate,
      I can appreciate your discomfort with the noise. My suggestions would be to contact Sea World and advise them of your concern and/ check in with Gold Coast City Council re noise guidelines and you could also join your local neighbourhood watch group. Contact your local District Crime Prevention Co-Ordinator on 558 12840 for further information on Neighbourhood Watch Groups. Thank you Kate.

7. Alexia Daddow says:

Neighbourhood Watch groups are now setting up Facebook pages where anyone may post allegedly suspicious or criminal activity and where there is no official supervision or control. This is a recipe for social media vigiliantism under the Neighbourhood Watch name and logo. Historically vigiliantism has resulted in gross injustices including the deaths of innocent people. It may only take a misguided post read by an unbalanced individual to undermine the reputation and safety of others.

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Alexia,
      Thank you for your concern. State Office agrees with your concerns this is why Neighbourhood Watch groups are bound by the Social Media Policy and guidelines.
      Social Media Policy & Guidelines
      • Social Media Guidelines
      • Social Media Policy
      Strategic Policies
      • Welcome to NHWQ Guide
      NHWQ Policing Guide
      These documents are located on the NHWQ Blog (www.nhwq.org/resources)
      If there are breaches of these policies then the local District Crime Prevention Co-Ordinator – a Police Officer needs to know about this immediately. Thank you Elena

8. kim says:

Hi, There appears to be a mowri/new Zealand lady at southbank scamming and approaching people for money at the bust station and outside 189 Grey Street, south Brisbane. Whom do I let know this alert.

• Officer Elena says:

Hi Kim,
      Thank you for the information, I have contacted South Bank Police Station and they will be conducting Patrols of this area. Any further issues you can contact South Bank Police Station on 3033 4111. Thank you Elena

9. Angela Styles says:

I am after information or a contact for information on putting together a NHW in Bowen Q4805

• Officer Elena says:

Thanks for your enquiry Angela, you will able to contact your nearest Police District Crime Prevention Officer who is situated in Mackay on 4968 35560 and they will assist you with information. The following will get you started from the NHWQ.
      Strategic Policies
      • Welcome to NHWQ Guide
      In Section 8 pp12 onwards gives a great deal of information on different types of participation and how to start a group
      • NHWQ Policing Guide
      In Section 4 pp 8 onwards explains ways you can get involved.
      These documents are located on the NHWQ Blog (www.nhwq.org/resources).
      Elena

10. Trish Prendergast says:

Hi. I’d like to talk to someone about starting a neighbourhood watch program in Black River, Townsville. Can you help please?

• Officer Elena says:

Thank you Trish for your enquiry. Your nearest Police District Crime Prevention Officer is situated at Mundingburra Police Station contact number is 4726 8656. The DCPC will be able to assist you with information. The following will get you started from the NHWQ Blogg.
      Strategic Policies
      • Welcome to NHWQ Guide
      • NHWQ Policing Guide
      In Section 4 pp 8 onwards explains ways you can get involved.
      These documents are located on the NHWQ Blog (www.nhwq.org/resources)
      Elena